Tuesday 20 August 2013

{Review} Laneige Sunblock Aqua SPF 35++

This product was bought on impulse by me on my last year Korea’s Trip. My intention was to buy their famous Sleeping Pack and basic homme skincare for CT, but somehow I ended up buying more items. If you guys been to Korea before, you would know what I mean J When I got back from Korea, I decided to read some research about the product, and the reviews are quite controversial. Some people love it, while others hate it, so I was curious as to what I would think.

So, let’s begin then!

What about the product? (from Laneige’s website)
Laneige Sunblock Aqua SPF 35++ is a daily sun protection that supplies moisture to retain suppleness of the skin.
- Contains mineral water for deep moisturization. Applies lightly without stickiness.
- Non-sticky and lightly penetrates your skin.
- Protects your skin from UV rays when it has been dried by harmful aggressors.
- Feels light and enriching when applied on your skin and provides a refreshing finish



So, what I think about the product?
It has a combination of gel and creamy texture – not too watery and too thick, which I love. It goes smoothly on my face and it does exactly what it promises; it gives a dewy finishing when you apply alone without make-up, however under make-up (I usually wear BB creams on daily basis) it doesn't control oil like my SK-II Whitening Source Derma Definition UV lotion would do. It provides very sheer coverage (actually I didn't notice it at all) and wouldn't leave any white cast on your face like some other sunblocks do. 
However I love the cooling/freshness feeling that lingered on my face after applying it. This sunblock definitely suitable for dry skin and for those who works in air-conditions and need hydration. I strongly feel this product might be suitable for winter season, when our skins tend to get drier. Now that I moved to Qatar and winter is coming soon, I actually regretted having to empty this sunblock quickly. Maybe I’ll ask CT to get it back for me and do another review ^^.
Another thing that I love about Laneige sunblock is that the Zinc and Titanium Dioxide (the sun protecting properties. You can read about different type of sunscreen/sunblock here).




Can you notice the differences?

So, what is my final thought on the product?
·         Easy to use? Yes, but need to pat a little longer.
·         Price? Definitely affordable.
·         Value? Excellent – lasted much longer than expected.
·         Does it work? Not really suitable for my skin type.
·         Would I purchase again? No but I would want to try the oil-free sunblock in the future. I'm always facinated

Have you tried this product? Let me know how it’s working for you.

Love, Shantz


No comments:

Post a Comment