Friday 26 April 2013

Getting Rids of Blackheads? or Whiteheads?

Blackheads? Whiteheads?

Learn more information about blackheads and whiteheads from here.

I have blackheads around my nose and whiteheads on my chin. I have tried all other methods of removal: Kao Biore blackhead removal strips, deep cleansing pores scrub, pores treatment lotion, pore cleansing brush and more. None of them worked L

Till about 2 months ago, I stopped by @ Laneige Jurong Point Boutique to get moisturizer for my hubby, CT. I came across the Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel. I was drawn to product almost immediately. The friendly SA carefully explained to me about this product and claimed it's one of their top selling items especially the Laneige Blackheads Strip.  According to her, for the best result, it's advisable to use the Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel together with the Laneige Blackhead Strip. (I was thinking to myself even Biore Strip didn't work on me, let alone this Laneige Strip. It's quite expensive - S$15 for 10 strips)
It's been my long quest to find an effective product that will help to eliminate the black/ white heads, so without hesitation I bought these 2 products to try.

Since then, my mission accomplished! I've found the perfect products keep my blackheads at bay. Hip hip hooray!!! J

R-L: B.liv off with those heads, Laneige Blackhead Pore Strip
and Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel

Here is my pore care regime:

1)    Deep pore scrubbing or Exfoliating
Prior using the Laneige Melting Gel, it is best to exfoliate your face as it helps to open up your pores and remove the oldest dead skins on the skin’s outermost surface. I exfoliate my skin at least twice a week!
I’m still searching for the best deep pore scrubbing product. I heard good reviews on Mario Badescu’s Silver Powder. I will review the product once I finish my current scrub, so stay tune!

2)    Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel
      The Laneige Blackhead melting gel is a self-heating gel that becomes warm once it comes in contact with the skin. This product must be used on a dry face or else it wouldn't work to it's desired effect! Pump appropriate amount of melting gel and apply it to area that needs treatment in a circular motion for 20-30 seconds. Then wait 20 seconds (after massaging) for the gel to set in and then wash the area with lukewarm water. Continue the next step with the Laneige Blackhead Pore Strip.  I also apply this on the chin, where my whiteheads are hidding.  

The bottle has a good grip and the size fit perfectly on my palm
The soft silicon brush makes for gentle and yet efficient messaging
  
3)    Laneige Blackhead Strip
      Pat some water on your nose and lightly press the strip on your damp nose (do not apply water directly to the strip because the water melts the content of the strip and extends drying time). Wait about 10-15 minutes until the strip is completely dried before pulling it off slowly from both edges.  Remember to apply toner to close back the opened pores.
Can you see the blackheads? I've lots of it  L
Sorry, it kinda grossed! But here is the close-up view of the strip

I use Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel and Blackhead Strip at least once a week, but if you have severe blackheads you might want to do it twice a week instead.

4)    B.liv off with those heads
      I bought this product from SaSa on impulse. That time B.liv was having a promotion “Money back guarantee if you don’t see the result after 2 weeks.”
      So I told myself why not give it a try?
Since then it has been one of my HOLY GRAILS!
 Clear gel consistency and A small amount needed to apply on my nose

It’s clear gel consistency that dries quickly (so you can get on with the rest of your skincare). I love the minty smell and nice cooling sensation upon application.
After toner, before applying face serum and moisturizer, I usually apply B.liv lotion on my nose. WOW...this product is really works! This is the first pore minimizing/blackhead reducing products that actually works for me. Not even my SK-II Skin Refining Treatment gives me such AMAZING results.
You can see the results after 2 weeks – day and night application.
This product doesn’t get rid of black/white heads completely however frequent use helps to maintain a relatively clean nose
Did you know? This gel also helps to cure your pimples too!!

What about using fingers?
Yes, I ocossionally use my fingers to clear my pores too. Please make sure your index fingers covered with tissue or clean handkerchief/cloth. With your fingers on (near) both sides of blackhead, apply gentle pressure. After extracting, always cleanse the skin with toner to prevent infections.

So ladies, have you found your perfect solution yet?

I'm HAPPY now because I found mine!
Disclaimer: There is no photoshop work done in the picture. This photo is taken after I completed my pore cleansing ritual. 
 
Love, Shantz

No comments:

Post a Comment