Wednesday 10 April 2013

My Clarins Bodycare Regime

Besides looking after our complexion, we also need to care for our body too which I feel often neglected by many women. As skin ages, the body produces less collagen and elastin which important to keep the skin firm and supple. It's also believe that dry skin will start sagging sooner than skin that is kept moisturized.
For me investing good body care products are as crucial as investing good skin care products. After all it’s a total package for women, a good complexion and great body! Somehow I feel that having a great body will help to boost up our confidence. To me to have a great body is like to have toned arms and thighs, firmer breasts and defined waistline. And to achieve this, all I need is a little time and effort to exercise regularly, eating good diets and using good products. What about a breast lift? Or liposuction? Or tummy tuck? For me all these procedures were way too costly and I didn't want to go through another surgery, well not after my 2 C-sections.

How I started my Clarins Bodycare Products
I was expecting my first child, when my ex-colleague recommended Clarins tonic treatment oil to prevent the appearance of stretchmarks.
I've heard enough of horrible stories about the stretchmarks. How scary they could look on our tummy?  So I told myself I must try this product. Better to prevent now then regret later!

For your information, I've a sensitive skin and my skin is allergy to fragrance. Most of my body care products are soap-free and fragrance-free. Initially I’m quite reluctance to try Clarins due to my skin condition. But after doing some researches on the brand and trying few samples, I finally bought my first bottle of treatment oil 4 years ago. Since then I keep going back to Clarins counter to purchase their products.

I simply love Clarins body care products because they use 100% pure plant extracts, aromatic essential oils and most importantly zero preservatives. To me most of Clarins body care products have a therapeutic effect (for me at least).


 
My Clarins Family. I've run out my tonic treatment oil now.
L-R: High Definition Body Lift, Body Shaping Cream,
Bust Beauty Extra-lift Gel and Bust Beauty Firming Lotion.
My Clarins Bodycare regime
1)    Tonic Body Treatment Oil
This product is actually Clarins #1 selling body oil and very popular among mommies-to-be. Many friends have swear by the product  which not only help in prevention of stretch-marks and some even said help to firm and tone the tummy after birth. Personally, this is my Holy-Grail; I have been using for 4 years now and will continue to use it for as long as I could. Some said having stretch marks is a genetic, so if your mother had this issue before, then most likely you might have it too. My mother did not have any stretch marks so I’m very fortunate not to have it too. So I could not comment whether the effectiveness is proven or not but at least all my friends swear by this product. This product smell the best among all the Clarins products that I'm using now.
My hubby CT loves it too and always asks why I always smell good after shower.
Application: Apply a small amount on damp skin after shower in circular motion and slowly massage my concerned areas. Then lightly use towel to pat dry the oil. I also apply this oil on my arms and my thighs, practically all the concerns area. For some of you, who don’t like the greasiness feeling, might want to take a cool shower after applying this. I use this day and night.
Note: I posted below picture because Clarins have 2 different types of treatment oils. Many people always have mistaken this bottle with another.
Tonic Body Treatment Oil

2)    Bust Beauty Extra-Lift Gel’ in Morning and Bust Beauty Firming Lotion at Night.
These 2 products are the latest addition to my Clarins family.  Clarins SA recommended me to use these products for better result. Each product targeted for different concerns.
Bust Beauty Extra-lift Gel
This gel is meant for lifting, shaping and tightening your breasts.
I have lost a lot of weights on after my second pregnancy that was worried about the sagging (not so much on stretchmarks) on my breast. So I decided to try this product. Believe it or not I could see result almost instantly; it has this immediate “lifting” effect. One of the ingredients, Oat sugars, creates an invisible “natural bra,” helping breasts appear higher on bust line and hold a more defined shape.
 Application: I use this in the morning after shower. All I need is one pump (you might need 2-3 pumps if you have fuller chest), warm the gel and apply light sweeping movements from the base of the breast to the chin. Then gently press down, working up from top of breast to the chin. Repeat on the other side. Do take your time to massage your breast; they need to be LOVED too.  What if you are in hurry? Don’t worry, this is a gel like texture and non-sticky, so need to wait before dressing.

Bust Beauty Firming Lotion
The lotion is meant for firming, toning and replenishing your skin/ breasts.
Two ingredients – Vu Sua and Bocoa extracts that form an invisible “natural bra” that instantly help to restore firmness and tone the bust area. Replenishes and tightens skin from base of the breast to chin.
Application: I use this in the night after shower. Warm the lotion and apply on your breast in circular motion 5 times and gently smooth up to the chin. Repeat on the other side.


Important Note: For nursing mommies, you might want to use these 2 products after you stopped nursing. You won’t want your breastmilks to have unnecessary ingredients right?




3)    Body Shaping Cream
I'm using this product on and off but this is a-must-have product for my postnatal tummy treatment for my both pregnancies. I used this in conjunction with my tonic treatment. I was actually impressed with the results; it helps to contour my waistline, firm and tone my tummy and too.
Application: Massage on targeted areas (waist and abdomen) using a circular and sweeping motion working upwards. A light cream texture and that easily melt and absorb by our skin. I love the tingling sensation linger on my body after application. I would normally apply this only at night when I have more time to give my skin a good massage after long day at work.
Extra tips for mommy-to-be: I applied this product prior wearing my belly binder (to protect my surgery wound) first till I had my postnatal massage 3 weeks later. After my postnatal massage (7 sessions), I continued to apply this product which after that I'd wrap my tummy with gurita and bengkung (girdle) for next 1 month or more. Until now I'm still wearing my bengkung.
4)    High Definition Body lift
This is a cellulite fighter cream which helps to release and flush-out fatty deposits that trapped on hips and thighs. I've been using it for 3 years now and I've noticed some significant improvement on my cellulite - less visible and my skin feel much smoother now. There are micro beads in the lotion that burst when massage it which help to eliminate the cellulite. I read lots of reviews that many of people don’t like the fresh and minty smell but personally I love the refreshing smell and the cooling sensation that lingers on my skin after each application.
Application: I apply this the morning with upward sweeping movement. I usually apply this around my thigh, hips and buttocks; these where cellulite will appear first. The lightweight, non-oily and non-sticky texture is quickly absorbed, so that I don’t have to wait before dressing.

I have tried many slimming products in the market but the result was nothing as compared to Clarins products.       I know these items are expensive gifts for our skin but I believe my body deserves it. But all these items are not miracle bottles; you also have to combine with balance diet, routine exercise, plenty of water, no soda, etc and you may see the difference. Likewise, all the products I mentioned above might work well on me but not to some of you. But I feel they are worth for trying.
Just remember, using all of these products would not give you the immediate results, but your skin will improve with continuous usage. Just like my skin care, I swear by my SK-II and I have been a loyal user for 7 years now.


Love, Shantz





 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog! Thank you to sharing very important information to us. You can also visit my website. Body Shaping in India

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for a new skincare routine? Start by shopping our Face best-selling skincare products at chiling collection that encourage a daily dose of unfiltered happiness.

    ReplyDelete