Sunday 12 May 2013

{Must-Have} Baby Lotion for Dry & Sensitive Skin

Enough about mommies’ skincare, so now let’s discuss about our babies’ skincare.

Finally, I found the perfect body lotion for my kids! J  
Both of my kids have sensitive skin especially my eldest one, his skin is much drier comparing to his youngest brother. His skin is so dry that he scratches his body especially every night before and during his sleep. I’ve tried many brands on the market but nothing seems to work on his skin.  Prior to this, my boys were using sebamed body lotion. 

Until last month, while shopping for my kids’ stuffs @ Kiddy Palace (need to stock up for our big move), I stumbled upon this product, MD Moms Baby Silk.
The product wasn't really displayed at prominent location and they only carried 2 products unlike the rest of the brands (No wonder I never really noticed this brand before). I realized this is the only brand that I haven’t really tried.  And I’m glad to have made this purchase! I would love to try this product out myself, to see if it works for my skin as well or not ^^. I'll keep you guys posted ok!

You can find more information about the product from here.

But I’ll still do a brief introduction about the brand in case you don’t have time to check the website.

Who is MD Moms?
MD Moms Baby Silk, the first skincare line developed by paediatrician-moms, was inspired by the needs of our patients and our own children. Drawing upon our expertise, experience and the latest medical data, we created products that are naturally based, but scientifically advanced, using only the purest, highest quality food-grade and pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. Our clinically tested, certified hypoallergenic formulas strike a balance between nature and science, are highly effective, and yet gentle enough for even the youngest baby's uniquely delicate skin.

What I like about this product?
·        It’s a light weight moisturizer.
·        Quick-absorbing, it dries almost immediately after application. Unlike other brands, it took a while for the lotion to be fully absorbed! (By then, our kids might already catch a cold!).
·        It’s fragrance-free moisturizing balm.
·        They use more natural food-grades ingredients like shea butter, aloe, avocado oil, olive oil which help to sooth baby’s dry skin, cracking and irritation.
·        The product also contain antioxidant vitamin E and B5 and grapeseed oil which will help to protect our baby’s skin from environment damage and at the same time strengthen the skin’s natural defence system.
·        It contains no phthalates, lanolin, mineral oil, petroleum or waxes.
·        It’s clinically tested and hypoallergenic.
·        Most importantly, this product itself is a recipient of National Eczema Association’s Seal of Acceptance (learn more about NEA from here).

 
Must-have lotion for my boys' dry & senstive skin

Although it's a cream consistency but
still lightweight and dries quickly

Comparison with and withoutout lotion
With lotion - more hydrates


Where can I buy MD Moms Baby Silk in Singapore?
So far I only know the products are available at Kiddy Palace. Or you can purchase online from this Posh Baby Shop
I’ll update you guys if I have more information on where to get this product.

I strongly recommend this product to mommies if your kids have very dry skin or suffer eczema. For their faces, I've been switching between SebaMeb Protective Facial Cream and Mustela Hydra Bebe Creme Visage . If your children have normal skin, I would recommend Mustela bebe . This has been my old-time favourite for my newborn baby, and I love the Vitamin Barrier Cream the most.
So mommies what product do you use for your children?
Love, Shantz

No comments:

Post a Comment